Level I (Certificate level)
BowenFirst™ is our basic Bowen Therapy training program. In this program you will participate in the hands on experience of Bowen training. This course is open to all, whether or not the candidate intends to move on to CBHT level or higher. In this course you are taught protocols for both the upper and lower body to enable you to add to your current practice or assist family, friends and even animals (See Equine Bowen Training). Successful completion of this level is required for those interested in moving on to CBHT or higher.
These are the required courses in order to complete the BowenFirst™ level I training:
- 099 Reboot Y0ur Body Workshop, 101 and 102 Upper and lower body protocols
- 105 Review; case studies and integration
- QE1 – Physical and written Exam
- Functional Muscle Anatomy (courses 090 and 091 or equivalent)
- Anatomy & Physiology OR Completion of an Anatomy and Physiology course requiring a minimum of 160 hours (course 092 or equivalent) and Level 100 Basic BowenFirst™Live 1 day course
- CPR Certificate
- A minimum of 5 Practicum’s consisting of 3-5 visits per client. You will be provided with a Practicum Package to document each session. (A practicum is a practice session in which you, as a therapist will give a treatment to a client). Of these 5 practicums, 2 case studies with treatment charts must be formally submitted for the Bowen College database and will be used for purposes of research and student reference.
[The Practicum Package includes: a) Case Study Instructions and Form, b) Treatment Chart, c) Client Consent Form, d) Client Letter, e) Self Evaluation Form, f) Therapist in Training Assessment Form]
- Supervised Session – Supervised treatment sessions with a Bowen College appointed practitioner. These are treatments which involve discussion time with your supervisor giving you feedback on your technique. These sessions will be documented by your supervisor.
- Preceptorship involving at least 3 patients. This is an opportunity for you to observe your peers in practice. You may choose a practitioner of your choice provided you inform BCI. You will be required to document your hours for this component.
Practical experience and requirement hours to be recorded – must total at least 100 hours. This can be a combination of Internship, practicum, and elective courses.
- BowenFirst™ Certificate (QE1): a written and practical exam must be completed and passed with a minimum standing of 75%.
If you are already a recognized health practitioner, upon submission of documentation, you may be exempt from course 090, 091, 092 & 100