Level II (certified therapist level)
Certified Bowen Health Therapist© (CBHT)
To acquire the designation of Certified Bowen Health Therapist©, or CBHT©, you must complete the following courses and requirements. If you have completed BowenFirst™ you will be required to complete the remaining 90 & 100 level courses and the additional Practical Experience requirements. Practical experience and requirement hours must total at least 100 hours. This can be a combination of Internship, practicum, and elective courses.
- All 90 series courses or equivalencies. If you have already completed any of the 90 series courses as part of another program you can qualify for transfer credits, and be exempt from them.
- All 100 level courses must be completed. These can be taken concurrently with the 90 series courses.
- Current CPR Certificate
- A minimum of 10 Practicum’s consisting of 3-5 visits per client. You will be provided with a Practicum Package to document each session. (A practicum is a practice session in which you, as a therapist will give a treatment to a client). Of these 10 practicums, 5 case studies with treatment charts must be formally submitted for the Bowen College database and will be used for purposes of research and student reference.
The Practicum Package includes: a) Case Study Instructions and Form, b) Treatment Chart, c) Client Consent Form, d) Client Letter, e) Self Evaluation Form, f) Therapist in Training Assessment Form
- Supervised Sessions – Supervised treatment sessions with a Bowen College appointed practitioner. These treatments will involve discussion time with your supervisor giving you feedback on your technique, and will be documented by your supervisor.
- Preceptorship involving at least 5 patients. This is an opportunity for you to observe your peers in practice. You may choose a practitioner of your choice provided you inform BCI. You will be required to document your hours for this component.
- Standard of Approval Assessment – a one-on-one BCI Instructor evaluation where the student treats the instructor as a client (this session will be documented by your Instructor/client). The student will be assessed on their ability to incorporate all the knowledge they have acquired over the training and will be required to perform a Bowen Assessment, order of protocols, and perform the treatment session required for the presenting set of symptoms. (A fee will apply to compensate the instructor for new students to BCI as of Jan 2011.)
A current student from another institution or a Bowen certificate from another institution can apply to our program. Current practical experience and a BCI examination will be accepted towards completion of these standards.
To qualify for the Certification Level Training of CBHT, the student must pass all 90 and 100 level courses, as well as the practical experience and BowenFirst™ written and Practical Exam. The student must also provide two reference letters, one professional and one character reference. At this point, the student will submit an application to the Canadian Examining Board for approval and pay relevant fees to them.
The Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners, a certified educational institution by the Minister of Human Resources under sections 118.5 and 118.6 of the Income Tax Act, is a complementary health care organization, which has since 1991, set professional and measurable working standards for the field of complementary health care. This has been done in order to promote and support effective, safe, and ethical holistic health care practices. The CEBHCP Board addresses complaints either from the Teaching Institution (B.C.), members or from the Public.