We welcome all Bowen practitioners from around the world to contact us about our transfer process and how they can be represented through Bowen College Inc. upon arrival to Canada. The following is a basic outline of the program requirements which need to be met to meet our standards of certification and representation through the governing boards and Bowen College. We understand the process of moving to Canada and starting your practice in a new country can be daunting and stressful. To help you meet the requirements and transfer with ease we have tailored the transfer process to accommodate you. The following will help you understand why you should join our community and what to expect as you move through the process.
Benefits of Transferring to Bowen College
Accreditation & Professional Recognition
Worldwide Transfers Accepted for Credit
Affiliations with Insurance Providers to Take Your Practice Anywhere in the World
A Supportive and Thriving Community
Requirements of the Transfer Process
- *Healing Accelerator Workshop – this 4-day workshop will allow you to be assessed by our instructors and review the difference in training to that of your previous training while giving you a chance to meet and connect with practitioners and students in the Bowen College Community
- *Review, Integration & Exam-this can be taken at the same time as the Healing Accelerator Workshop as you will be asked to complete the practical assessment and Exam on the final day. If you feel you are in need of additional training you are welcome to defer this until the next training date. You must pass both the practical and written exam to be recognized with Bowen College
- **Meridian Connections-This is the 1st module of Intro to Meridian Medicine and is offered with Bowen College through our student course site and can be completed in your own time or through distance ed. If you have an equivalent course you can challenge the exam through our Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR).
- **Nutrition & Bowen- This is a basic nutrition course offered through our online Student Course site and can be completed in your own time or through distance ed. If you have an equivalent course you can challenge the exam through our Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR).
- *20 case studies-these can be done with new cases or if you have prior cases to upload into your student course site each 3 visits per case-study so 60 sessions in total.
- *3 supervised sessions,
- *1 preceptorship,
- *1 professional letter recommendation,
- *1 personal letter of reference
- **CPR C First Aid Certificate (renewed every 2 years)
What our practitioners are saying…
The process through transferring what I had previously known in Bowen Therapy, as well as Naturopathic Medicine, into Bowen College was a truly positive experience. Kathryn, whom helped me through the process, was very courteous, understanding and thoughtful. She took into consideration my background and gave me the opportunity to demonstrate what I know through the Accelerated Healing Workshop. Having already trained previously in Bowen Therapy, I thought it would be a good review for me. In fact, it was much more than a review – I had learned more about Bowen Therapy, healing and wellness, and more about my own healing capabilities. I felt empowered.
Even though I had a prior learning assessment and was considered to be able to complete the Certified Bowen Health Therapist requirements, Bowen College considers more than just what I knew, but also what I can learn. I was offered the opportunity to take their advanced courses because they want to make sure I still get something out of this process which I am wholeheartedly grateful for. ~Dr. Romi Fung, ND