To fulfill the practical hours necessary for the CBHT program you must be able to demonstrate the skills learned through the following requirements. Case study sheets, agreement forms, and evaluation forms are included for the following demonstrated studies. It is the student’s responsibility to fulfill these during their program completion and before taking their final exam.
The following courses are part of the Certification Program:
- **20 Case Studies
- *Preceptorship with a minimum of 6 patients/clients
- *3 supervised visits
- ***1 Professional Letter of Recommendation
- ***1 Personal Letter of Reference
- Review, Integration & Exam (written and practical)
Please note: */**/*** have restrictions please see below for a detailed outline of these
* restrictions apply-Must be with a graduate of Bowen College/can be taken over the duration of your training only after the first Healing Accelerator Workshop has been completed. Students are encouraged to complete their supervised sessions after 10 case studies have been uploaded for review. Supervised sessions must be with 3 different practitioners for the benefit of receiving three different perspectives after given treatments. Should you have difficulty finding a preceptorship in your area, you will have the choice to contribute in our community development to make up these hours and receive credit and one-on-one preceptorship review. Community development may be in the form of volunteer through non-profit associations Bowen College collaborates with, talks and representation of Bowen College at various associations or through other events Bowen College is hosting. An evaluation of the individual will upon request for alternative preceptorship is done on a case-by-case basis.
**restrictions apply-All case studies must have a minimum 3 visits per case study and be uploaded into the Student Course Site to be approved by an instructor
***restrictions apply-A professional letter of recommendation must be with a person of professional standing that is not a friend or relation of the student/practitioner graduating. This can be your doctor, dentist, past instructor, mentor or employee. If you should be unsure about the qualifications of the individual please be sure to contact [email protected] to be sure you are meeting the requirements of quality assurance.
A personal letter of reference can be that of a friend or family member that can vouch for your character. You may use a professional contact, however, make sure they know you well enough to write you a great letter. These letters are seen by the faculty of Bowen College and Board trustees. Letters will not be accepted if sent directly from yourself. All letters must be sent from the referral to Bowen College directly at [email protected]
You will receive your Certificate from Bowen College upon completion of the Online courses needed for accreditation and all other prerequisites including your case studies, practical hours and preceptorship. By completing this exam you will be eligible to apply tot he Canadian Examining Board for Health Care Practitioners (CEBHCP) to obtain your designation as a Certified Bowen Health Therapist (CBHT).
For those not looking for designation as a Certified Bowen Health Therapist (CBHT) the certificate issued to you through Bowen College will allow you to add the skills into your practice through our BowenFirst™ Therapy approach. You can upgrade at any time for CBHT designation by completing the remaining requirements for approval for the CRBHCP. Please contact [email protected] for details.