Effective Date: January 1, 2018
To review material modifications and their effective dates scroll to the bottom of the page.
4.How We Treat Postings To This Site (Blog, Forum, or Chat Room).
4.1We will not treat information that you post to areas of this site that are viewable by others (for example, to a blog, forum or chat-room) as proprietary, private, or confidential. We have no obligation to monitor posts to this site or to exercise any editorial control over such posts; however, we reserve the right to review such posts and to remove any material that, in our judgment, is not appropriate. Posting, transmitting, promoting, using, distributing or storing content that could subject us to any legal liability, whether in tort or otherwise, or that is in violation of any applicable law or regulation, or otherwise contrary to commonly accepted community standards, is prohibited, including without limitation information and material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, nondisclosure or confidentiality agreements, or other intellectual property rights, and material that violates export control laws.
4.2We, in our sole discretion and without notice, reserve the right, but undertake no duty, to review, edit, remove or delete any material submitted as a comment to blog, forum or chat-room provided for display or placed on this site. Specifically, we reserve the right to delete or decline to post content that contains profanity; sexual content; overly graphic, disturbing or offensive material; vulgar or abusive language; hate speech, defamatory comments, or offensive language targeting any specific demographic; personal attacks of any kind; spam; promotions for commercial products or services.
4.3By submitting a comment for posting, you agree that we are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
5.Defamation; Communications Decency Act Notice. This site is a provider of “interactive computer services” under the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C. Section 230, and as such, our liability for defamation and other claims arising out of any postings to this site by third parties is limited as described therein. We are not responsible for content or any other information posted to this site by third parties. We neither warrant the accuracy of such postings or exercise any editorial control over such posts, nor do we assume any legal obligation for editorial control of content posted by third parties or liability in connection with such postings, including any responsibility or liability for investigating or verifying the accuracy of any content or any other information contained in such postings.
7.Separate Agreements. You may acquire products, services and/or content from this site. We reserve the right to require that you agree to separate agreements as a condition of your use and/or purchase of such products, services and/or content.
8.Ownership. The material provided on this site is protected by law, including, but not limited to, United States copyright law and international treaties. The copyrights and other intellectual property in the content of this site is owned by us and/or others. Except for the limited rights granted herein, all other rights are reserved.
9.DMCA Notice. This site is an Internet “service provider” under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”). As Required by the DMCA, this site maintains specific contact information provided below, including an e-mail address, for notifications of claimed infringement regarding materials posted to this site. All notices should be addressed to the contact person specified below (our agent for notice of claimed infringement):
Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Bowen College Inc.
101-1001 West Broadway Ave Unit #689
Vancouver, BC, V6H 4E4
Agent’s Name/Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone: 604 738 6938
You may contact our agent for notice of claimed infringement specified above with complaints regarding allegedly infringing posted material and we will investigate those complaints. If the posted material is believed in good faith by us to violate any applicable law, we will remove or disable access to any such material, and we will notify the posting party that the material has been blocked or removed.
In notifying us of alleged copyright infringement, the DMCA requires that you include the following information: (i) description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of claimed infringement; (ii) description of the infringing material and information sufficient to permit us to locate the alleged material; (iii) contact information for you, including your address, telephone number and/or e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or by the operation of any law; (v) a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and (vi) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Failure to include all of the above-listed information may result in the delay of the processing of your complaint.
10.Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS SITE AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS SITE, ITS PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND/OR CONTENT, ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, EVEN IF THIS SITE OR OUR LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11.Links to This Site. We grant to you a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to this site provided that the link does not portray us or our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or offensive matter. You may not use any logo, trademark, or tradename that may be displayed on this site or other proprietary graphic image in the link without our prior written consent.
13.Participation In Promotions of Advertisers. You may enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of advertisers promoting their products, services or content on this site. Any such correspondence or participation, including the delivery of and the payment for products, services or content, are solely between you and each such advertiser.
14.Arbitration. Except for actions to protect intellectual property rights and to enforce an arbitrator’s decision hereunder, all disputes, controversies, or claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement or a breach thereof shall be submitted to and finally resolved by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. There shall be one arbitrator, and such arbitrator shall be chosen by mutual agreement of the parties in accordance with AAA rules. The arbitration shall take place in Vancouver, BC, and may be conducted by telephone or online. The arbitrator shall apply the laws of the Vancouver, BC
to all issues in dispute. The controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction for enforcement. Enforcements of any award or judgment shall be governed by the United Nations Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards. Should either party file an action contrary to this provision, the other party may recover attorney’s fees and costs up to $1000.00.
16.Controlling Law. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the Vancouver, BC, excluding rules regarding conflicts of law. The application the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
17.Severability. If any provision of these terms is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable. In any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision shall not affect any other provision of these terms, and these terms shall continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as above provided, as the case may be.
18.Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for damages for any delay or failure of delivery arising out of causes beyond our reasonable control and without our fault or negligence, including, but not limited to, Acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, fires, riots, wars, embargoes, Internet disruptions, hacker attacks, or communications failures.
Coronavirus – Covid 19:
Each Province, state and Country have their own specific guidelines and teaching in each area must abide by the current guidelines at the time of the class: It is expected that this document will be amended in line with government updates. It is the instructor obligation to ensure that they are up to date in their area of practice. As there are regular and unpredictable updates to policies, it is everyone’s duty to keep themselves abreast of these changes.
Safety within the Teaching Environment
- The instructor will endeavour to book a large well-ventilated room for training sessions
- Students and Teachers are not permitted to attend on any day if they or anyone in their household, have developed any Covid symptoms, or have tested positive within the last 14 days. Anyone developing Covid symptoms during the day will be sent home to be tested and self-isolate for 14 days. These students must avoid using public transport. Course fees will be transferred to an alternative course in the future Students will carry out practical work within ‘bubbles’ of Number of people allowed per each region.
- The instructor will not need to wear a mask while keeping at least a 2-metre distance from the rest of the group in order to increase comprehension. Where necessary and if possible, the instructor may use a microphone and/or clear facemask to allow for lipreading. The instructor must wear a mask in a contact situation of 2 metres or less.
- Students will be socially distanced within the classroom for any theoretical learning and encouraged to read the manual, utilize online resources provided and attend online Instruction here necessary, to supplement this learning outside of the classroom.
- In larger groups the instructor will demonstrate moves to one bubble at a time. Where necessary the instructor will provide a live stream of demonstrations to enable students to observe without crowding around the therapy table
- Students are to be mindful of social distancing whilst moving through corridors, entrances and exits, ensuring that masks are used whenever they are if that is the requirement in the region. Lunch and break times will be staggered to reduce bottlenecks.
- Student details will be maintained for specific country Health Regulations. Students testing positive for Covid following a course must inform their BCI Instructor immediately.
- In the unlikely event of a student falling ill with Covid symptoms during the course, then the entire bubble will be sent home and their course fees transferred to an alternative date
Room Cleaning & Equipment
- Doors and/or windows will be open to provide maximum ventilation. Students must ensure they bring sufficient layers to keep warm
- Fabric table covers will not be used, to allow for cleaning between each use, however paper table roll will be provided.
- Students and Instructors must take equal responsibility for maintaining the cleanliness of their workspace, breakout areas, toilet facilities and frequently touched areas to minimize any risk of cross contamination. Cleaning products will be provided however students are welcome to bring their own to minimize any skin sensitivities.
Personal Safety & Equipment
- All students must wash or sanitize their hands each time they enter the venue, after lunch and break times, when moving from room to room.
- Students may bring towels to cover themselves. Towels must be stored in a bag when not in use
- Hand-wash will be provided, however students are welcome to bring their own to avoid any skin irritation due to frequent washing. Un-fragranced hand creams may be used to prevent excessive drying of the skin
- Students must bring their own supply of hand sanitizer
- Students must bring their own supply of masks (at least one per day). The mask must cover the nose and mouth and are to be used whilst indoors. Students must bring their own bags to store reusable face masks
- Students and Instructors must provide their own visor which must be worn with a mask and disposable apron whilst making moves during the practical sessions. Visors must be named to prevent confusion and cleaned regularly.
- Due to the nature of Bowen, skin to skin contact is unavoidable. If students wish to wear disposable gloves, then they must bring their own supply. Frequent and thorough handwashing and hand sanitizing is encouraged regardless of whether gloves are being worn and students are strongly discouraged from touching their faces during practical activities
- Close contact between two people during practical activities should be for limited times Students are encouraged to utilize the ‘Bowen Integration Periods’ by stepping away and getting some air between sets of moves whenever possible.
- Good respiratory hygiene is essential. Tissues will be provided, but students are encouraged to bring their own supply too.
Material Modifications; Since June 2021
Notice: This document is Copyright © Chip Cooper of the law firm of Jones & Haley, P.C., and licensed for use by the owner of this website under distribution rights granted to FTCGuardian.com. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this document may be copied, reprinted, reproduced, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
For other information refer to: