Dr. Ryan Cole is the CEO and Medical Director of Cole Diagnostics, one of the largest independent labs in the State of Idaho. Dr. Cole is a Mayo Clinic trained Board Certified Pathologist. He is Board Certified in anatomic and clinical pathology. He has expertise in immunology and virology and also has subspecialty expertise in skin pathology. He has seen over 350,000 patients in his career, and has done over 100,000 Covid tests in the past year. Dr Cole talks about the science and data relating to public health measures that we may have been missing, and what treatments should be available to everybody.
- Corona viruses are seasonal & usually follow a 6-9 month life cycle
- Statistically we are at ENDEMIC levels in Idaho (and most states), NOT PANDEMIC
- Average Covid19 age of death 78.6 years. Average annual US age of death historically 78.6
- Highest risk factors, advanced age, obesity, low vitamin D
- The virus is fragile and is inactivated by UV light/sunlight and ventilation (masking outside is insanity).
The Biggest Lost Public Health Message – VITAMIN D
- There is no such thing as “flu and cold season” only low vitamin D season!
VITAMIN D FACTS
- Every cell in our body has a vitamin D receptor in the nucleus
- Approx 2,000 genes in our body (5% of our genome) are controlled by Vitamin D
- Vitamin D is the master key to our immune health
- If one has a D level of 50ng/ml (range 20-100) one cannot develop a “cytokine storm” (that which kills in covid).
- 70% of the world is vitamin D deficient
- 70-80% of ALL Americans are vitamin D deficient
- 82-88% of nursing home patients, 83% of African Americans, 70% of Latinos, 72% of Native Americans, 47% of Caucasians ARE D DEFICIENT
- 80+% of all hospitalized patients and 96% of ICU patients are D deficient
- D deficiency is immune suppression/dysregulation
- D is synthesized by UVB rays from the sun through our skin, Sunscreen blocks D synthesis
- Above the 35th parallel WE CANNOT naturally make D for 4-5 months of fall and winter
- Vitamin D3 orally is critical for every Idahoan and work citizen from october through March (and the rest of the year for indoor workers)
35th Parallel Line
and much much more….